Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Return to the Dogs

I think I forgot to blog about the one dog happening while I was gone. Joe was doing laundry and looked out the window to see Hattie running across the wall that surrounds our yard. Yes, that 6-foot wall. He ran out to her and saw that the others were watching him but no one had alerted him (he thinks they were being entertained by her). Turns out she had gotten up there and couldn't figure out how to get back down. One of her favorite activities is to jump up on the wall and see what's happening in the yards around us but she usually doesn't end up on the wall itself. The dogs seemed to be happy to have me home. I ran Chaco long yesterday and we stopped to talk to one man who used to run his dog but the dog is now not interested in going further than around the block. He couldn't understand why Chaco was a little scared of him (Chaco is still scared of a lot of men) and he said to Chaco, "But your sister Nestle likes me!" I didn't have the heart to tell him that Nestle likes everyone but the security people at the airport (she barks endlessly at them).

No comments: