Friday, May 15, 2009

Arrival Down Under




I arrived into Sydney at 6 this morning and caught a plane to the Sunshine Coast. From there, a woman named Diana picked me up and took me to the beach for some lunch. She works for the Stand By Response team where they help people who have lost loved ones to suicide. She is in the photo with the water conditions. And that's me at Maroochydore Beach. The third photo is where the bus stopped for a meal in Cooloola. The bus was interesting as it was Greyhound Australia and filled with 20-somethings and their Lonely Planet books and backpacks. That apparently is what they do– backpack up and down the coast. I felt out of place with my laptop and Blackberry. I arrived into Hervey Bay around 6 tonight and Dorothy picked me up there. She had a reporter from the local newspaper waiting to interview me (Dorothy couldn't convince her to come on Saturday) so I took a shower and did the interview. I am ready to be horizontal for awhile!

No comments: