Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The other Daisy disappears for the night

I called Mom late on Mother's Day, after I had blogged here already, and she told me that her Daisy had disappeared the night before. Mom thought Daisy was snoozing in the living room but somehow when Mom let Ginger out around 8 pm, Daisy decided to take a stroll. It was 5 am before Mom discovered Daisy missing and it didn't help when she saw a coyote walk down the street. But at 7:20 am the phone rang and a man said, "I have Daisy!" The man, also a lab owner, returned a tired Daisy shortly after that. Mom said that "Ginger looked concerned" but I can't picture Ginger having that look on her face. We joked, wondering Ginger gave Daisy a lecture, "I told you not to do it." The best guess is that she just didn't know which way was home and her eyesight isn't so great. But with a collar and tags (her chip wasn't needed), she made it home safely for Mother's Day.

No comments: