Thursday, May 7, 2009

An inevitable question

I did the interview yesterday for ABQ The Magazine for which we did the photo shoot last week. I got the inevitable question that I knew one day would come. Which dog am I closest to? I had thought a lot about this at Fetchapalooza as I was standing at my table of books attempting to sell the books. The answer is Chaco because he was the first dog and it's because of him that everything else has happened. And Nestle, Daisy, and Hattie, and Ginger all would not have homes without him. However, after I told Joe about this when the interview was over, he said, "You told her Hattie?" I know Joe said that because Hattie follows me around like she's my shadow and when I leave town, she's depressed. He said one time she sat by the window on her "perch" for about a day waiting for me to come home (even though I wasn't due home for another week!). Chaco is very different than the others though. He bonded to me quickly and maybe it was because of the stable environment I provided because we walked/ran each morning plus I fed him and played with him (for the four fetches he would do) in the afternoons. Plus, I took him in the car everywhere. In return, Chaco is my security. He sleeps at the bottom of the stairs at night and will not join the other dogs in the bedroom unless I am out of town. And when I'm upset, he is the dog peering around the corner to see if I'm okay. I felt bad the rest of the day after I said that about Chaco though. Hattie seemed to be glaring at me, as if she knew what I had said. We'll see what appears in the Q&A in the magazine. Hattie was sitting on my lap for the photo though. What more could she ask for?!

No comments: