Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Unfortunately, due to the cost of the internet at the hotel (about $23 US a day which is the most I've ever seen) and the poor public wireless access, I couldn't blog the rest of the trip. The conference went well although I will say it was pretty nutty few days and I'm not sure when I would have blogged anyway! I did one last interview for Sky Television on Friday and gave three talks on Saturday (a plenary, a workshop session on families and pets helping people cope, and then spoke at the remembrance and healing service). Saturday night I had dinner with Frank Campbell and several Living Works people. I ordered the flounder and we all were surprised when my plate appeared with a rather large flounder on it while all the others ordered fish and got these little squares! Needless to say, fish isn't on my list for a while. I also fell in love with sticky date pudding and had that for a second time that night. Thanks to Susan Beaton for introducing me to it! I'm sure I'll figure out how to make it myself. I flew from Melbourne to Sydney and then Sydney to San Francisco on Sunday. I was in the first row of economy which meant I had a little more room. There was a baby next to me who managed to hardly to cry at all during the flight (ah....). He spent part of the night running his fingers across the sleeve of my fleece pullover. I was back in ABQ at 5:00 pm and we headed straight to Frontier for dinner. Suffering from some jet lag (it's now 4:11 am!) and it'll take me a few days to unpack but I always find it amazing how much my world gets smaller each time I travel. I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunity to take this trip and to spend time with people I knew as well as get to know new people. One woman who heard me on the radio (where I mentioned facebook) friended me and came to the healing service. She lost her younger sister two years ago. It's all about connecting people because that's how we find hope.

No comments: