Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Rest of the Day





After the show, I returned to the hotel to shower and get some breakfast (well, it was really lunch by then). I had to be at ABC (the Australian Broadcasting Company) in the afternoon to do a radio interview but had some time so I walked over to King's Cross as my sunglasses had gotten scratched. I bought some new ones at a store across from one that said "Show Girls Fully Licensed." I felt like I was in New Orleans. Then I stumbled on St. Mary's Cathedral where I made my mom proud by stopping for a prayer and to light a candle. I also bought a Pope Benedict pen because I had an idea and wanted to write it down. Any takers on my pen?! It was cheap, too. Less than $2.00 US. Anyway, I bought a rosary as well. I returned to the hotel to catch a cab to ABC where I did the interview in a turdis booth. The radio show was out of Tasmania so they hooked me up here in Sydney. Tonight I am trying to do some catch up as I have two radio interviews, a newspaper reporter interview, the flight to Melbourne, and dinner with friends tomorrow night in Melbourne. The radio interviewer said that she was glad we weren't doing tv because it's difficult when we have tears streaming down our faces. I've been referred to as "Dr. Michelle" all week. The photos are taken from the roof of the hotel overlooking the harbor. I was tempted to swim since the pool is heated but it was too windy and I dreaded getting out. Maybe if I'd had a thick robe....

No comments: