Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Howard Gluss radio show on celebrity death

I'm set to appear on the Howard Gluss radio show Friday night at 8 PM PST where we'll discuss how people cope with celebrity death. It seems that we are somehow intertwined with celebrities in our lives, even those of us whose lives don't revolve around them. I admit that I have been affected by MJ's death. I was never a big fan although my sister and I watched his videos over and over (there was one channel that seemed to play the same group of videos all the time). But I am not heartbroken like I heard one woman crying on the radio the evening he died when I was driving to get some take out for dinner. It's a loss and affects people. And it needs to be acknowledged so that people can cope. My hope is that MJ took away from this life what he was supposed to learn.

No comments: