Monday, August 25, 2008

Michelle's arrival into Glasgow




The plane wasn't too full last night and I ended up moving over to a middle row that I had to myself. I did find out that the arm rests on Aer Lingus planes do not go fully up though! I had about 2 hours of sleep before we landed in Dublin where I had about two hours before leaving for Glasgow. I got into Glasgow around 10:30 this morning (Glasgow time) and it was pouring rain. By the time I had showered and napped, however, the sun had come out and I took a walk to find some dinner and check out some of the scenery a bit ago. Glasgow is undergoing a revitalization and it's hard to get any good photos as there's a lot of construction and the scene is very old with new next to it. But it was just like home when I turned the corner and there was a Borders...and a Starbucks...and a TGI Fridays....I'm not sure what's up with the peacock on the building. The river is the River Clyde. I bought a prawn and mayo sandwich for dinner. Tomorrow morning I catch the train to Edinburgh.

No comments: