Sunday, September 20, 2009

Driving Miss Daisy

I had hoped to blog Friday but I was driving Daisy around and by the time we got to evening, I was exhausted. We first went to go see our friend Joe S. Sausage, who now has a sausage shop, but used to dog sit for the crew. We would drop them off at Joe's place in ABQ and the dogs had a great time. Once, we were gone for Daisy's birthday and Joe sang happy birthday to her although he said she gave him a funny look as he was doing it. Another time, Hattie would jump out of the dog area he had and then Daisy would bark because Hattie had jumped out. Joe would walk out to see Hattie sitting by the gate, wanting to be let back into the dog area. He eventually kept her in the house because he got tired of letting her back in but he said that all the dogs would have a big reunion after being separated for only a little while. After spending some time with Joe, Daisy had an appointment with a holistic veterinarian in town. She liked Dr. Wilson, preferring to nap by her instead of me, but isn't a fan of the Chinese herbs. What she doesn't know now is that I am mixing them into the homemade meal she is getting now. I know, I'm so sneaky! Finally, we stopped at our clinic, TLC Pet Hospital, to have Daisy's staples removed. I can't remember the last time I had three appointments in one day....

No comments: