Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A rainy day in Naperville

I'm in Naperville for the week which means the dogs are depressed (according to Joe) and I keep forgetting that they aren't here with me. It means I can sleep in a little later and no one is sticking her nose into mine to let her out at 5:00 am (Daisy). But it's lonely when you are used to four furry friends hanging out under your desk or are ready to play at 4:00 pm (Nestle tries to move up dinner a little earlier each day). From my dining room where I sit and watch the world go by, I see people walking their dogs by all day long. And part of me wants to run out there and greet them. Instead, I stay inside and wonder if mine are lounging by the pool or under Joe's desk. And, if the weather is good, I'll run over to Mom's and pick up Ginger and her Daisy and walk them. Each time I thought about walking them today though, the wind picked up or a torrential rain barreled out of the sky. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: