Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dinner at Jumbo Kingdom

I spoke last again today. When it was over, they had shuttle buses to take us over to the Jumbo Kingdom "floating" boat for dinner. I went with several people from the U. of Hong Kong suicide prevention research center-- one had a car-- and we parked and then they proceeded to lead me through various places because they were lost. We ended up in the Aberdeen Club and they were setting up for a wedding reception by the pool. It's a very exclusive club and on the way out there were two shops on the road that sold yachts. It was almost like they took me that way on purpose to show me more of HK. The Chinese buffet is course after course after course after course of food. I left halfway through it. I just couldn't eat anymore and seafood is getting a little old. So are dumplings Tomorrow is just a half day of the conference. I wanted to take photos of the harbour but it's been pretty cloudy so it's not very scenic. Maybe tomorrow it will be better!

No comments: