Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Time to let go


We let Daisy go at 10:00 this morning. She had been bleeding excessively the last few days and was collapsing when she had been able to stand before. She was in the yard as the others were running around and she wanted to play but clearly couldn't run with them. She fell down and ended up laying in poop. We knew a transfusion wasn't worth it. It would give us more time but that wouldn't be fair to her. Her blood pressure was so low that the vet had a hard time getting a vein to inject her. She was gone so fast and it was hard to believe that she wasn't breathing anymore. I kept waiting for her to move around, but I know she was looking down on us instead. I had gotten a coin (sign) from my dad several weeks ago that he would be the one to greet her when she arrived at her "new" home. This morning I asked her to send us a sign when she arrived and about an hour or so after we got back from the vet, I turned on the vacuum in the hall and heard a weird noise coming from the kitchen. Joe was in the bedroom and asked me what it was. It freaked me out and I turned the vacuum off. He reminded me that it was the noise Daisy made when she got all excited about something like if someone came to the door. I took the photo right before we left for the vet. She was laying outside on the patio.

No comments: