Sunday, July 18, 2010

Barks and Bubbles






Yesterday, I was invited to take part in Barks and Bubbles at our vet clinic here in Albuquerque, TLC Pet Hospital. They have been really good to me and unless I'm going there for an emergency (especially one with an uncertain ending), I enjoy stopping by the clinic. Barks and Bubbles was a dog wash event to benefit the Luvin' Labs Rescue. I had Joe go home and get Nestle so that she could get a bath. We didn't think she was dirty since she wasn't smelly or oily but she definitely looked fluffier when she was done drying! What was amazing was the number of people who showed up. A local country station was there along with a local BBQ caterer and several other vendors. There were lines of people at several times to get their dogs washed and it was just a great event for people who truly consider them members of their families plus a good fundraiser for Luvin' Labs. They had several labs there looking for homes. It was hard not to take one with us but I just needed to think of Gidget who is as much work as four dogs to remind me that there's a reason the city limits how many we can have. Hopefully, they all will find loving homes.

No comments: