Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 9th birthday, Chaco!

It's hard to believe that Chaco came to live with us seven years ago today. I'm still in awe that for seven years I've been running around the park around my house because that means I've also aged seven years and that doesn't seem possible! But Chaco moving in was the start of a new journey for me, that or learning about the human-animal companion bond. It's obviously changed my life in many ways. And, as I write this, Gidget is snoozing on the floor in front of me after an hour of scampering around the house and chewing on a bone. She represents the start of a new journey in our house as well as we continue to transition our bond with Daisy to a much different one now that she has "passed on" to another life and help Gidget grow into an adult German Shepherd and work to keep her holistically healthy so that she may not live the short life that Daisy did. And it all began seven years ago when a quiet chow mix came peeking around the corner at our friend Jim's house.

No comments: