Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hattie goes over the wall...again!

Hattie Hattie Hattie. I was in the shower this morning (Joe isn't here) and when I got out, Nestle was barking. Knowing that Nestle barks at everything, I yelled at her to be quiet. Then the doorbell rang. I ran downstairs to see that three dogs were at the door. Hattie was missing. I knew then that she had gone over the 6-foot wall and when I looked out the window there was my neighbor Rich holding her. She immediately went underneath the couch when she entered the house. Hattie is laying under the table here where I'm working now. At some point it will be funny but I was shaking this morning after it happened. She seems to have been mentally shaken by it although she is physically okay. Her brain isn't exactly big and she's acting on impulse. She gets on top of the wall or over it after hearing a dog or something else. She goes after it and then I think she is wondering, what now? The important thing she is home safe and I'll shut the back door tomorrow morning when I shower.

No comments: