Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year

I know it's been awhile since I've written. December is always busier than I think it will be. Most notable from the month is that Chaco turned ten on January 1. It's hard to believe he's been with eight years and friends who came over to see us on Sunday (who now live in California) noted that he doesn't look ten. And with the cold we've had, he hasn't been acting like ten either. They've all been running around a little on the nutty side (while I've been thinking hibernation might be nice). Joe said to me that Chaco has been with me almost a fourth of my life which also is hard to believe. Sometimes I try to remember life without dogs and it seems that all I can remember is that we could come and go on trips when we chose without needing a pet sitter. As I write this, Hattie is staring at me. If I only I knew what she was thinking. Well, maybe I don't want to know and I should leave it at that. Happy new year!

No comments: