Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ginger gets a sister!






Mom shocked the heck out of all of us the other day when she announced she wanted to adopt Daisy, a dog who had had been surrendered to the Knollwood Hospital for Pets in Schaumburg, my sister Karen's veterinarian clinic. Daisy's family could no longer care for her and wanted her euthanized. She is a yellow lab around 11 years old and the veterinarian set to finding Daisy a home instead. Karen had met Daisy when taking one of her dogs for an appointment. She mentioned Daisy to me but I knew better, that Mom didn't want another dog. Karen told Mom about Daisy and then Mom told me she couldn't stop thinking about Daisy. When I called Karen to tell her, she was in shock for about five minutes. The storm kept us from getting up to Knollwood until Saturday morning. Mom knew she wanted to take Daisy, but we were unsure if Ginger wanted a sister. She surprised us by clinging to Mom (she isn't a very affectionate dog) and then pretty much not being interested in Daisy. We brought her back to my house in Naperville and had Linn Family Christmas several hours later (fondue). A photo shows Daisy sleeping while the rest of us are eating. She and Ginger look a lot alike although Daisy is skinnier and a little taller. Daisy and Ginger stayed with me last night (and Karen and Trevor) and we moved her to Mom's house today. When I talked to Mom on the phone tonight, she said that Ginger and Daisy were sleeping on each other's beds. Merry Christmas, Daisy!

No comments: