Thursday, October 30, 2008

A big breakfast and a swim

I slept an hour last night since arriving at the hotel and then about an hour this morning. I was starving in the middle of the night and starving at breakfast. I was very grateful for the large spread of food for breakfast here at the hotel although I did not partake in the Vietnamese meatloaf and I admit the boiled eggs had a funny taste (I think it's related to the water which has a slightly funny taste as well). I went for a swim and the poor pool boy had to sit and watch me do laps for 30 minutes. Not that he had anything else to do but I guess his job is lifeguard as well. I also managed to lock the safe in the room this morning without changing the code and then locked myself out of the room (anyone who has been overseas knows how you have to use the room key to turn the electricity on in the room). Now it's onward to the convention center! Photos tonight, I'm sure.

No comments: